A well presented two / three bedroom end Victorian House situated in the centre of Rye within walking distance of all the town amenities. The property is accessed from Ferry Road over an open gravel front garden (that can provide unofficial off street car parking) leading at the rear to a timber panel gate that opens through into a paved side garden providing access to the main entrance door.
The front door opens into an enclosed entrance porch with second door leading through to a generous hallway / study off which is the main reception room with double front facing windows. On the opposite side of the hallway is access to dining room / Bedroom 2 with skylight window and built in wardrobe, while adjacent is the family bathroom with panel bath with shower mixer taps, wash basin with vanity unit below and close coupled WC. The kitchen is also accessed from the hallway with double aspect windows including French doors leading out to the side garden. The kitchen js fitted with oak shaker style units with white quartz style laminate worktops, resin sink and drainer, built in microwave, electric oven, ceramic induction hob with extractor hood above and integrated washing machine.
Stairs with oak balustrades lead from the entrance hall up to a first floor landing off which is a master bedroom with front facing window, built in wardrobes and ensuite shower room, with walk in corner shower, wash basin with vanity unit below and close coupled WC. A third single bedroom / study is also accessed from the landing with side window and internal window above the stairs providing light from the rear window above the staircase. Externally the property benefits from a private south west facing side garden with paved seating area, surrounded by flower beds and space for a timber garden shed.
Services: Mains Water, Mains Drainage, Mains Gas and Electricity
Broadband Speed: 76 mbps Sourced from Uswitch
Mobile Coverage: 3G with Vodafone, and 3. 4G with Vodafone, EE, O2 and 3.
Council Tax: Currently Band C
Local Authority: Rother District Council – 01424 787000
Length of Tenancy: Long Term Let
EPC rating: Band E
Available to Rent: Subject to Referencing, from 5th November 2020
Fees: As permitted under the Tenant Fee Act 2019 the following fees will be applied:
- The Rent. – £1000 per calendar month
- Refundable tenancy deposit – £1,153 (capped at no more than five week’s rent where the annual rent is less than £50,000)
- Refundable holding deposit – £230 (capped at no more than one week’s rent)
- Payments to change the tenancy – £50 + VAT = £60 (where requested by the tenant)
- Payments associated with early termination of the tenancy – where requested by the tenant. This must not exceed the financial loss that a landlord may suffer, or reasonable costs that have been incurred by the landlord’s agent resulting from an agreement for the tenant to leave early.
- Tenants are responsible for payments- For all utilities, communication services, TV license and Council Tax at the Property.
- Default fee for late payment of rent and replacement of lost key/security devices, where required, under a tenancy agreement – default fees can only apply when this has been written into the tenancy agreement and covers late payment of rent, a lost key or security device. The amount of default fee is limited to 3% over the Bank of England base rate for each date that the payment is outstanding and applies to rent which is more than 14 days overdue.
Terms: No Tenancy will commence until referencing of applicants has been completed. In addition, the first month’s rent in advance and Security Deposit are due in cleared funds and in full at least five working days prior to tenancy commencing.
Note: Anderson Hacking Ltd is regulated RICS firm who are covered for Client Money Protection (CMP) and have a full redress scheme covered by the Property Redress Scheme.
Viewing: Strictly by appointment with agents – Anderson Hacking Ltd on 01797 224 852