Description: A charming, well presented Grade II listed semi-detached two bedroom cottage, dating from the 1600’s set in the rural hamlet of Broadland Row on the edge of the village of Broad Oak.
The house comprises a triple aspect living room with large inglenook fireplace with wood burner, and oak floor boards. A small kitchen is accessed from the living room with electric oven, under counter fridge, stainless sink and wood worktops. Beyond the kitchen is a small back hall with rear entrance door and access through to the bathroom with white suite including panel bath with shower mixer taps, wash basin with vanity unit below, low level WC and washing machine.
An oak staircase leads from the living room up to first floor landing off which are two double bedrooms both with built in cupboards.
Externally the cottage enjoys a lovely enclosed garden predominantly laid to lawn with various flower beds, backing onto woodland and open fields beyond, with paved rear seating area and garden shed housing a tumble dryer and small chest freezer and a further large garden shed.
Ideally suited to a professional couple. Well behaved pets considered. Viewing highly recommended.
Situation: The property is situated within a mile of Broad Oak village centre which provides local amenities including a doctor’s surgery, primary school, Three Legs micro brewery, convenience store, butchers and bakers. The property is also within easy reach of the ancient and historic town of Rye, approximately 7 miles distant, with its famous medieval fortifications, pretty cobbled streets and period architecture, with a range of shops/hotels/leisure and cultural facilities.
Travel and Transport: Rye train stations offers local links to Eastbourne and Brighton, and direct links to the high-speed service from Ashford to London St. Pancras (37 minutes), and link to Eurostar trains from Ashford International. Whilst Robertsbridge train station offers direct links to London Charing Cross (1 hour 20 minutes). The M20 can be joined at Ashford via the A28 with connections to the M25 and Dover Ferry Port and the A21 provides additional links to Tunbridge Wells and London (65 miles).
Services: Mains Electric, Mains Water, Private Drainage, Electric night storage heating.
Mobile Coverage: 4G Coverage on Vodaphone, O2, EE, Three
Broadband Speed: Up to 55mbs (Source Rightmove Speed Checker)
Available to Rent : Subject to Referencing, from 1st January 2020
EPC rating: E
Council Tax: Band D
Fees: As permitted under the Tenant Fee Act 2019 the following fees will be applied:
1. The Rent. – £800 per calendar month
2. Refundable tenancy deposit – £923 (capped at no more than five week’s rent where the annual rent is less than £50,000)
3. Refundable holding deposit – £184 (capped at no more than one week’s rent)
4. Payments to change the tenancy – £50 inclusive VAT (where requested by the tenant)
5. Payments associated with early termination of the tenancy – where requested by the tenant. This must not exceed the financial loss that a landlord may suffer, or reasonable costs that have been incurred by the landlord’s agent resulting from an agreement for the tenant to leave early.
6. Tenants are responsible for payments- For all utilities, communication services, TV license and Council Tax at the Property.
7. Default fee for late payment of rent and replacement of lost key/security devices, where required, under a tenancy agreement – default fees can only apply when this has been written into the tenancy agreement and covers late payment of rent, a lost key or security device. The amount of default fee is limited to 3% over the Bank of England base rate for each date that the payment is outstanding and applies to rent which is more than 14 days overdue.
Terms: No Tenancy will commence until referencing of applicants has been completed. In addition, the first month’s rent in advance and Security Deposit are due in cleared funds and in full at least five working days prior to tenancy commencing.
Note: Anderson Hacking Ltd is regulated RICS firm who are covered for Client Money Protection (CMP) and have a full redress scheme covered by the Property Redress Scheme.